Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Nesting

You know that feeling you get right before you baby is due?  The urge to put rearrange, paint, buy, and decorate so everything is just right. Well, I have that same feeling! Even though we are waiting for older children, I still have the urge to get everything just right. I just want our foster children to be in a homey environment.

Two weeks ago our new furinture arrived. We got a great deal at a local furniture store that I get a discount from.  My job gives them A LOT of business so in return employees get a discount. :-) We got bunk beds with all the fixing and a much bigger table. And I got a super good deal on sheet sets and pillows. Plus, I have some friends who offered me their cribs that convert into toddler beds and one converts into a full size bed! I am truly blessed by all of my friends.



                                                      Full Size Bed in Bedroom One


                                                      Plenty of Room at our New Table


 Bunk Beds in Room Two

I haven't picked up the one crib set yet.  But my other friend delivered hers a week ago.  It took me two days and a few swear words but I finally got the full bed up. We had a very nice box spring and full size pillow top mattress.  Brian made a sacrfice and moved his office into kitchen so we could put the bunk beds in there.  Both rooms still look like they are missing something.  A toy box or doll house maybe? 

I found this amazing blog written by a foster child and he gets great tips. http://looneytunes09.wordpress.com/ He suggest having a stuff animal for when children arrive that they can keep and getting duffel back or book bag to keep their stuff in....instead of a trash bag.

Yard sales will be coming up soon and I'm excited! I made a list of all the things I want to buy to make my house kid friendly and fun!

We are still waiting for a placement. I just sent an email to my caseworker, Carrie, letting her know that we are willing to except respite placements and emengery placements too. Hopefully, that will get us started.

No comments:

Post a Comment